At Emmanuel we recognize that the traditional college calendar and on-site course work format doesn’t always work for everyone. Online programs make education possible for so many of our non-traditional students; those that may be working or have a family to care for. If you’ve been thinking of finishing your college degree and have struggled with how to get to campus, arrange childcare, get away from work, or fit classes around the numerous other conflicts that exist, our online programs may be the solution for you.
Students with less than 24 hours of transfer credit are accepted for admission based on high school graduate requirements.
- Application for Online Admission
- Application fee of $25
- Official College Transcripts from all prior colleges
- International Students must have transcripts evaluated by an accredited service such as WES or IEE (International Education Evaluation) or a similar translation service at their own expense. Emmanuel College recommends ISS as a preferred vendor. Evaluation must include Date of Graduation and Grade Point Average.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- TOEFL score report (minimum score of 79-80 required for internet-based test)
- Online Readiness Assessment Score Report
Students with incomplete high school preparation may be admitted on the basis of the General Education Development Test (GED), provided that the official score report shows the student has successfully passed the exam and each GED section score is 150 or higher.
This section is under construction. Stay tuned for updates.
- Application for Graduate Studies Admission
- Non-refundable $50 Application Fee
- Official College transcripts showing undergraduate degree(s) earned from a regionally accredited college or university as well as any graduate level courses, if applicable.
- (International Students must have transcripts evaluated by an accredited service such as World Education Services (WES) or International Education Evaluation (IEE) or a similar translation service at their own expense. Evaluation must include date of Undergraduate Degree Graduation and Grade Point Average.)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5. (May vary based on degree program. See additional Admission Requirements on Program pages.)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum of a two-page essay on the personal commitment to the profession, reasons for obtaining a master’s degree,
Transfer requirements: the graduate program faculty will review transfer credits on a case by case basis. Should a transfer student be granted acceptance, admission requirements must be met, and a minimum of 2/3 of each total program hours may be accepted as transfer credit. Transcripts will be reviewed by the Dean or Chairperson of each graduate program, the Graduate Coordinator as well as the Emmanuel College Registrar.
There are no specific program requirements for the Master of Divinity. Students are required to have a completed 4-year degree, but the subject matter is not required to be ministry.
- Hold a current certificate in Elementary Education (will qualify for a certificate upgrade upon successful completion of all program requirements). Candidates with an out-of-state certificate will not receive Georgia certification upon program completion.
- Candidates must report a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate and previous graduate work combined.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure; criminal background check; proof of passing the Georgia Code of Ethics for Educators GACE or for out-of-state educators, the equivalent required ethics verification; and tort liability insurance.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in exercise science, kinesiology, biology, chemistry, pre-med, nutrition, health sciences, physiology, psychology, public health, or physical therapy from an accredited institution
- Applicants from other disciplines or related fields will be considered for admission with evidence of foundational coursework related to the degree.
- Academic Prerequisites
- One semester of Biology
- Two semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology
There are no specific program requirements for the Master of Ministry. Students are required to have a completed 4-year degree, but the subject matter is not required to be ministry.
If you have questions or concerns about starting a program, or if you’re nervous about returning to the classroom, our Enrollment Counselor is available to talk with you. Let us meet you where you are today.
You can contact Mac Dye, Online Enrollment Counselor, directly at 1-800-860-8800 x1 or you can request a call back at a time that works best for you.